Sunday, May 6, 2018

May 6, 2018

I headed back to NC early this morning much to William's (and my own) chagrin. We said our goodbye's last night and I promised to see him again once he finishes his stay at Mt. Washington (roughly a month). As mentioned in my earlier post, his brother and sister came to visit him for the first time in the later part of Saturday afternoon. They played in the playroom, went outside to visit the koi fish and played with an interactive kinetic game. All in all, great day for Will and I was so happy to be there for it.
Family!

Playing the kinetic game

As for today, I am again amazed by his progress. He got out and about today, walking down the hospital hallways, playing in the playroom and feeding the koi fish outside some popcorn. I'm going to miss him but I'm so glad I got to be there to see him through this first week. For tomorrow...fingers crossed he gets transferred to Mt. Washington!

Looking at his amazing 10th floor view of Baltimore

One. Step. At a time.


You got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment